Wednesday 3 July 2013

Top 5 sale items from Net-A-Porter!

I definitely have a love hate-relationship with sale shopping. I do love a good bargain, but rifling through disorganised rails of sorry looking stock whilst being elbowed by fellow shoppers is not my idea of fun. Why is sale stock always presented so badly on the high street anyway? I understand that most items are in the sale for a reason, and that I'm going to have to look bloody hard to find the sartorial needle in the haystack, but is there any need to make all the clothes look like utter crap?!

Online sale shopping is a whole different ball game, it's far more civilised. The discounted pieces are as well presented as the full price ones, and it's nice to know they haven't been trampled by a horde of bargain hunters during a Saturday afternoon stampede. You can shop from the comfort of your sofa, glass of wine in hand, and with one click your beautifully packaged purchases will be on their way.

www.net-a-porter.com

I might not have money to burn, but there is something about getting older that means you learn to shop more wisely and would rather invest in a few quality pieces than buy the entire of Primark, only to throw it away when it inevitably falls apart. So high-end sale shopping is often the answer, and you can't beat Net-A-Porter: over 300 amazing brands all in one place, currently with up to 70% off!*

Spending money on high-end items that you will rarely wear makes no sense, even when they are heavily discounted, instead I prefer to spend money on the things that I wear the most; leather jackets, ballet pumps, every day handbags and dresses that can be worn all year round. As for the crazy heels, costume jewellery and trend-led items that won't last more than a season, I'll happily head to Forever 21 instead.

It was a struggle to edit right down, but here's my Net-A-Porter sale Top 5. All of them are a bit of an indulgence but I haven't included any pieces that will completely bankrupt you, because sadly some things are just too expensive, discounted or not! There is a gorgeous black and white stripe skirt by Balmain that I would elbow all the angry shoppers in the world out of the way for, but it is £950 even after taking 40% off, so it just ain't gunna happen...


Textured leather biker jacket by Faith Connexion, £396 was £990

Leather jackets are an investment and something that no doubt I will keep buying every few years, because although I fall in love a lot, I still haven't found 'the one'. The last time I was about to part with some serious cash, I made three phone calls seeking reassurance that I was doing the right thing. And it turns out that I was, because if you wear something at least three times a week then it is clearly worth the investment. Plus leather jackets just get better with age.

Colour block bandage dress by Hérve Léger, £408 was £1360  

I love a good bodycon dress and Hérve Léger truly is the master. If I was going to spend this much on a dress I'd want to be able to wear it with heels or flats and bare legs or opaques. It needs to be just as appropriate for the office or a cocktail any time of year, and this one ticks all the boxes.

Embellished neon silk skirt by Sass & Bide, £154 was £385

Ok, so this skirt is maybe a little frivolous for an investment piece but I'm a sucker for coral and I know that I would love it for years to come. How could you fail to have a good time wearing something as fun as this?! It's another day or night piece too, so good value for money.

Wool mini dress by Red Valentino £273 was £390

I'm fairly sure my sister and I had dresses just like this when we were little, so perhaps that's why I love this nautical number so darn much. I absolutely adore Valentino dresses but they are way out of my price range, so the more affordable RED Valentino line is great, especially with an extra 30% off!


Cotton and cashmere-blend sweater by Sonia Rykiel, £162 was £270
In England a jumper is always a good investment. Unlike other parts of the world, we never pack away our entire winter wardrobe when the seasons change, because you just never know when you'll need a cosy jumper! (Remember that snow in April debacle?!) Better quality will last much longer and this one has a bit of a Charlie Brown feel to it which I love.

So that's my top 5! Head over to www.net-a-porter.com for hundreds more sale items and perhaps next time I will post my top 5 sale items from Forever 21. I'm fairly sure I can find five great pieces and still get change for £50!

*Prices correct at time of publishing
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Rock & Runway

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig