Saturday 25 August 2012

Friday Fashion Fix #4 – True Romance

First things first, I know it's not Friday – the combination of a good friend and a bottle of wine meant that I didn't quite get round to posting this yesterday! But this week's (almost) Friday Fashion Fix is dedicated to an absolute style icon, the beautiful Patricia Arquette as Alabama in True Romance.



I was recently asked what my favourite film is, in an interview for a magazine that I'm contributing to. I always think that's a particularly difficult question to answer. It's easy to pick your top five, but to single out just one film? Well that's much harder. I figured that if I could only watch one film for the rest of my life it would be True Romance, so that was the answer I gave.

Strange then, that earlier this week came the sad news about director Tony Scott's death. So in tribute to him, and the amazing film that is True Romance, this week's Friday fashion fix is dedicated to one of my total style heroines – Alabama Whitman.

If you haven't seen True Romance, I'll give you 12 very good reasons why you should: Christian SlaterPatricia ArquetteMichael RapaportDennis HopperJames GandolfiniGary OldmanChristopher WalkenChris PennTom SizemoreBrad Pitt, Val Kilmer and Samuel L. Jackson.

An outstanding cast, but the star for me has always been Alabama... for managing to be such a total bad ass and a complete romantic at the same time, and for wearing leopard print like absolutely nobody else can. Patricia Arquette, I salute you.







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Rock & Runway

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig