Tuesday 1 December 2015

Christian Louboutin AW15 – top picks



Christian Louboutin is having a bit of a punk moment this season and his liberal use of black patent leather, studs, red suede and leopard print is ticking many of my boxes (so to speak). As you know by now, my love of leopard print doesn't waver with the seasons. Fashion might be constantly falling in and out of love with it, but for me it is a staple. It is, however, notoriously tricky. Not all leopard prints were created equal – the colours, pattern and fabric have to be just right or else it looks cheap. It's hard to pin-point exactly what it is that constitutes the perfect leopard print but I can tell you in an instant if it is a hit or a miss.

Likewise, anything with studs can go from cool to tacky in the blink of an eye, regardless of the price tag. I've seen high street stores get it right and designers put a hefty price-tag on something that looks cheap and nasty. So, despite loving the flavour of Louboutin's AW15 offerings, not everything is on my wishlist. The selection above is my personal pick of the bunch and I would be more than happy to see any of these babies under my Christmas tree...


Clockwise from left:
  Top croche suede over-the-knee boots £1,695 – 120mm
  Anjalina studded patent-leather pumps £545 – 120mm
  Toerless Muse suede pumps £625 – 100mm
  Troubida leather sandals £795 – 120mm
  So Kate leopard print pumps £525 – 120mm

All available from www.net-a-porter.com
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Rock & Runway

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig