Wednesday 5 February 2014

New music from The Used, Bayside, Taking Back Sunday and more...

I'm eagerly waiting for spring to arrive. Firstly because I hate winter (sorry but not even Christmas can salvage a season that comes with this much rain and general gloominess), and secondly because a handful of my favourite bands are releasing new albums and returning to the UK to promote them. For the latter reason I wanted to devote a post to some of the ones that I'm most excited about.

TAKING BACK SUNDAY

First up are Taking Back Sunday who are heading to Europe later this month to promote their upcoming album Happiness Is, due out on 18 March. They've just released a video for Flicker Fade, the song I posted a live video for and wrote a bit about back in October.



It's a great song and I have high hopes for the album as the band have been stronger than ever since reuniting the original lineup in 2010. I'll be seeing them at KOKO on the 26 February so look out for a review of that show – they always live up to expectations so I'm very much looking forward to having them back in the UK.



Pre order Happiness Is here

For those of you lucky enough to be in the US and Canada, you may well have heard the recent news that TBS will also be touring with the next band on my list later in the year. That's right, they'll be hitting the road with none other than....

 

THE USED

In addition to the TBS tour, The Used have also been added to this year's Download Festival lineup – probably the most exciting Download announcement to date in my humble opinion! Their new album Imaginary Enemy will be released on 1 April and you can get a taste of it with the new video for Cry below.



Pre order Imaginary Enemy here

 

BAYSIDE

Another new album to look forward to in just under two weeks is Cult by the mighty Bayside. It's been three years since their last record so I'm really looking forward to this one. I'm even more excited that, after what feels like an eternity, they are returning to the UK and I'll be seeing them at The Forum with Alkaline Trio in April. Like The Used and TBS, Bayside are currently signed to Hopeless Records, who seem to be doing a very impressive job of collecting some of the best bands around!



Pre order Cult here

 

ROYAL REPUBLIC

Do you remember me declaring my love for Swedish band Royal Republic on several occasions? Well they happen to have a new acoustic album – Royal Republic and the Nosebreakers – funded by a Pledge Music campaign, as a result of popular demand from fans. I can't wait to hear this one as I've seen acoustic versions of some of their songs at live shows and they really are incredible. Talented and hilarious in equal measures, these guys can turn their hand to all manner of styles from bluegrass and barbershop to gangsta-rap. I think this album will have a pretty universal appeal, but to truly appreciate how clever it is you need to first get to know their previous records.

 

IN THIS MOMENT

Last but not least here's my song of the moment – Whore by In This Moment. Admittedly this isn't going to be to everyone's taste but I absolutely love it and I hope some of you do too!


I think that's all my music news for now – I'd mention Motley Crüe's farewell tour with Alice Cooper but even the band itself seems a little sketchy on the details at the moment! I'll be posting reviews of all the bands mentioned today as and when I see them so stay tuned...
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Rock & Runway

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig